I am so excited to tell you that I was nominated for the Liebster award by Katie Corely at Life in the Simple Lane. Thank you so much Katie for nominating me and for your great blog. Liebster means dearest or favorite. According to Katie “It's an award for new and upcoming bloggers who have great potential.”
There are a few rules for this award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you and link back to the nominator in your post.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions presented by your nominator.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees and answer those too.
5. Nominate 11 fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Award.
1 11 Random facts about me:
1. Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
2. If I had free time I would read, cook, or do genealogy.
3. Scrapbooking is about as creative as I get.
4. I have been to 10 countries, all in North America Central America or Europe.
5. I’d like to visit all 7 continents before I die.
6. I have no toe nails because I was born with Amniotic Band Syndrome.
7. A family tradition that we have continued is to put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving and take it down New Year’s Day.
8. I went to Baylor University for my bachelors in nursing.
9. I got married before I graduated at age 20.
10. I cheer for RG3 (Redskin’s Quarterback and Baylor grad).
11. I wish I had a green thumb, but I don’t.
Questions for me from my nominator:
1. What is the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to you? I’m not sure if I can do this story justice, but I will try. Do you remember Deep Thoughts from Saturday Night Live? When I was 18 I thought they were hilarious. I memorized a few of them to tell when things got quiet or I wanted to laugh. One that I liked was Jack Handy’s” I wish my name was Todd, because then I could say, ‘Yes, my name's Todd. Todd Blankenship.’ Oh, also I wish my last name was Blankenship”. My husband (whose first name is Todd) and I met in our college travel abroad trip to Spain. We were exploring a tourist location just the two of us and I started to tell him some of my favorite Deep Thoughts. I wasn’t thinking about his first name when I started, and “I said I wish my name was Todd”. Oh my goodness. The look on his face when I said that. It still makes me laugh so hard I cry. We had basically just met, so I am not positive but I think it was a mix of horror, confusion, and “what have I got myself into”. I on the other hand was laughing so hard I couldn’t finish the quote. When five minutes later I finished laughing, got the rest of the quote out, and he realized it was from SNL, the look changed to relief.
2. What is your favorite movie from childhood? My favorite movie as a kid was The Sound of Music.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory? Summers at Virginia Beach
4. What is your favorite dessert? Brownies
5. What is your favorite TV series of all time? Either 90210 or How I Met Your Mother
6. Cat's or Dog's? Dogs
7. Hamsters or Mules? Hamsters, and my daughter wants one.
8. What do you hope will be under the tree for you this Christmas? A yogurt maker, a pasta machine, something that inspires me to exercise. If Santa is bringing a super nice present this year, I would want a brand new hybrid car that I don’t have to pay for.
9. What is your best friends name? My best friend since middle school is Stacie Newnam.
10. Do you own an Esty shop, and if so what is the URL so we can check it out? No, but I think that will be my next project. I want to create gift packages for baby showers featuring must have items for breastfeeding moms.
11. Can you touch your tongue to your nose? Nope, nowhere close.
Questions for my nominees:
1. How did you meet your significant other? I met my husband on Baylor University study abroad trip to Spain.
2. Vacation at the mountains or the beach? Beach always
3. Favorite childhood book? This is a toss-up between Anne of Green Gables and Little Women
4. Are you cooking a Holiday meal? Are you happy about this? I am cooking Christmas dinner and I love to cook holiday dinners. I prefer to do it with someone and I enjoy teaching my daughters to cook our family favorites.
5. What current project are you working on? Hmm, I always have a project, and I try to finish them. I’d say this blog is my current project, although I also need to paint my daughter’s bedroom.
6. Do you own an Esty shop, and if so what is the URL so we can check it out? (I stole this one from Katie, sorry I couldn’t resist) No, but I might start one. See above.
7. If money wasn’t a factor and your kids were all grown what career would you choose? I would either be a medical missionary or at least do frequent medical mission trips. I went to Guatemala in 2007 with Refuge International and would love to go back.
8. Cloth or disposable? Napkins, diapers, towels, or nursing pads…your choice. I use some of both for all four categories. Mostly cloth until I am behind on the laundry and disposable until I catch up again.
9. Are you a messy or a cleany? I am a definite messy. Housekeeping is a skill I am always striving to improve upon.
10. What kitchen appliance can you not live without? These days it’s my breadmaker.
11. Favorite season? Summer is my favorite, but fall is a close second.
My nominees in no particular order