Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Beginnings


I am planning to blog on several themes over time, and hopefully soon will have tabs on my main page for each theme.  These may not be the official tab titles, but it is close:  Health, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Real Food, and Faith.  Today I feel led to share the journey I’m on with God.

I have been reading Reading God's Story: One-Year Chronological Plan on YouVersion since January 1st.  And yesterday I finished the Old Testament and began the New Testament.  Last time I read the entire Bible in chronological order when I finally got to the New Testament I was overwhelmed with feelings of “OOOOOH, that is why they call it the GOOD NEWS”.  It was so good to be out of the prophets and all the talk of God’s judgment and into the Gospels and reading about Jesus.

That was 16 years ago. This time I am again glad to be into the New Testament, but I am thoroughly struck by the theme of new beginnings.  That I am embarking on a new journey with God.   One where money is very tight and I will actually be depending on HIM for getting us through it all.  Don’t get me wrong, money should not be tight.  God has provided abundantly, and I have not been a faithful steward of what He has provided.  And since we are committed to me being a stay at home mom right now, we have to work our way out of our own mess. 

Strangely I am excited.  When I quit being anxious.   I am hopeful that I can be a good example to my girls of faith, depending on God, growing in Him and giving them very tangible lessons of faith, obedience, and walking with God.  And we can all grow closer to Him and to each other.  It will be hard.  But I will attempt to seek first His Kingdom [TL2] and cling to:

Psalms 37:25 I was once young, now I am old.
I have never seen a godly man abandoned,
or his children forced to search for food.
http://bible.org/netbible/


No comments:

Post a Comment