Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

January 16th is my birthday!  My 10 year old daughter gave me  Happy 32nd Birthday card today.  She is so sweet.  I'm not going to tell you how old I am, but it is older than 32.  She decided that 32 is the youngest I could be, because I got married at 20 and our oldest is 12.  She ignored the 9 months necessary for pregnancy...but I am not complaining.  The oldest has a gymnastics competition for her middle school tonight from 530 until 830, so that is how we will spend the evening.  And I'll make homemade pizza for dinner.

I missed blogging on Monday and Tuesday, so what else is going on around here?  Yesterday Jujube had a friend over to play for two hours.  SO, of course I had to clean the house before his mom came over.  I have been working on Bible reading and memorization and being present with the kids....so there was a LOT to do on the house.  I still haven't settled into the routine I'm looking for, but we are working on it.

One of the things I got from my mom for my birthday was a handheld blender.  So, today my 10 year old (the one who only eats yogurt with Oreos) made herself a berry smoothy for breakfast!  Woo Hoo! Yogurt without all the added sugar!

OK, so for the bad stuff.  My iPhone is broken.  This means it is harder for me to add photos to my blog.  Luckily I have a squaretrade warranty on it.  I will just have to send it in so they can fix it.  And it doesn't look like my cheese maker set from ccc is going to get here today.

Now, for the big question.  Remember I made the lacto-fermented salsa?  I thought it was supposed to get cloudy and bubbly looking before it was done.  But it has been a week on top of my fridge and it looks exactly the same.  It is 65 degrees in my house.  Is it too cold?  Do I leave it longer?  Open it and taste it?  Help.  What do I do now?

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it is a great day and I have no idea about the salsa??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! My birthday is January 8, but I turned 29.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha. Stay 29 as long as you can. I was 29 until that meant I had gotten married at 14. I think I could still be 30, but I'll take 32 :)

      Delete